Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pretty Cunning

There is a sci-fi tv show that the hubby and I enjoyed a few years back... and a particular line from that show well describes a certain Christmas present that I made for him this year...

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything!"


Yes, I made him a hat just like Jayne Cobb's in "Firefly!"

I found a pattern by Chloe Sparkle (check it out on her blog, "The Hundredth Monkey" here.) and found the perfect colors of yarn (from Vanna's choice, if you must know) and started knitting "in the round."  Perhaps I should have practiced a little bit of "in the round" knitting before attempting this project... and perhaps I should have heeded Chloe's warning that this pattern was for a "BIG" head... because the hat came out very large.  It was positively gigantic on me and even too big for my hubby's large noggin.  Thankfully I was able to make a barely noticeable tuck in the back so that it could be worn!

But now the hubby can confidently walk down the street with his head and his ears warm... and people will know he's not afraid of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment