Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vintage Valentine's Day Garland

In honor of St. Valentine's Day, our library's "Dream and Create with Pinterest" group made festive heart garlands!


The idea came from some 3-dimensional heart valentines that Jen posted about on her blog i{heart}2stamp which we came across via Pinterest.


The hearts were relatively simple to make.  I cut out 5 hearts of the same size from some vintage-y scrapbook paper (you could use more hearts if you wanted a "fuller" look).  I folded them in half, glued them together kind of like a book and trimmed the edges.  Then using a needle I threaded some string through the top of each heart and tied them to some sheer ribbon that I had laying around.


I'm not usually a fan of soft pinks and floral motifs, but for Valentine's Day these hearts add just the right amount of Victorian romance!

2 comments:

  1. love these 3d hearts! :) You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Hearts Craft Challenge :-) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/43/those-tiny-toes-hearts-craft

    xo,
    Candie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the contest Candie! I just entered my photos. :)

      Delete