Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Purrot

Announcements, announcements, annouuuuuuuuuuncements!

I'd like to introduce, Purrot!



Purrot was a collaborative effort between myself and my brother-in-law, Elliot, who first sketched him out as a little watercolor doodle.  I translated him into fabric.  You can check out more of Elliot's graphic design work here.

Would you like to make your own Purrot?  Well, you can!

...because I am also excited to announce the grand opening of my new shop on Craftsy where you can buy the paper-pieced pattern for Purrot!  Craftsy is great in that once you pay through PayPal you get an instant PDF download of your purchase.  Check out my shop here!

Purrot is relatively small (only 10 inches square) but his pattern can easily be enlarged with a photocopier or by changing your print settings.  He would make a great pillow or wall-hanging for a kid's room!

If you have never done paper-piecing before, I would highly recommend Jen's tutorial over on Sewhooked, which you can find here.  Once you get the hang of it, it is a wonderful technique with unlimited potential!  I love how much detail and precision can be put into a quilt block so simply... just by sewing on the lines.

Hopefully Purrot will be the first of many new quilt patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment