Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tutorial: Origami Dove

As I've said before, I love origami!  It is a fascinating art that turns the 2 dimensional into the 3 dimensional.  But perhaps the best part about it is that just about anyone can do it.  Okay, maybe not everyone can fold super-complex dragons and dinosaurs like Kade Chan without a few years of practice... but there are many simple models out there that can easily be folded by the common person.

For example:


These doves are both beautiful and simple.  I bet that you (yes, you reading this blog!) can fold one!  All you need is a square piece of paper.  The red dove was folded out of store-bought origami paper, but the white dove was folded out of plain white copy paper.   

In order to help you out, I've created a little video tutorial (my first!) that explains the folding process step by step.



Have fun!  Let me know how yours turns out!


4 comments: