Monday, January 6, 2014

Making Christmas, The Finale

The sleepless nights are over.  The mad rush is done.  There were some last minute changes to my list... when I went to finish my embroidered ornament I simply couldn't find the piece that I had started and I had no time to start over.  I also decided to scrap my idea for crocheted birds (that would have been gifts) and find something else to give instead.  Lastly, my husband ended up putting together Buddy's big Christmas gift this year (a wooden train set).

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments during the past few weeks!  There were a couple projects on my list (like those messenger bags) that just took a lot longer than I had anticipated and I really needed the motivation to keep going.  So thank you!

Here are the projects I finished:

The tunisian crochet scarf that I finished was a Ravenclaw scarf for my littlest sister.

The hand warmers were fingerless gloves for my brother-in-law

My harvest wall hanging!

One of the messenger bags that I finished was a Star Trek themed bag for my sister-in-law.

The other messenger bags were variations on the epic messenger bag and were commissioned by a friend.

Greep!

Fish pencil cases!

The "aquatic invertebrate" was a small green squid for anther sister of mine.

...my next big project?  Cleaning up my crafting space.  Right now it looks like a tornado swept through it...

The To-Do List:

     [X]  finish crocheting one scarf
     [X]  finish crocheting one pair of hand warmers
     [  ]  finish one embroidered ornament
     [X]  finish one harvest-themed wall hanging
     [X]  finish one paper-pieced pattern
     [  ]  crochet two amigurumi birds
     [X]  sew four five messenger bags--DONE!!!
     [X]  sew two six fish pencil cases
     [X]  sew one stuffed aquatic invertebrate--DONE!!!
     [X]  sew build a surprise for Buddy

Bonus Achievements:

MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013

1 comment:

  1. You did wonderfully with your Christmas makes! I expect your family and friends were thrilled with their gifts. Thank you very much for joining in with Making Christmas and sharing your lovely projects :)

    ReplyDelete